Blogging sold more cats than FB and Instagram

Sorry for the lack of updates this past month! I was paralysed by the selling of the cats... I had to reply tons of emails, messages, comments all over my many social media channels (FB, Instagram. Blog, Patreon), coordinating transport from warehouse to temporary holding then to my house and shop, labelling, packing and mailing the cats, etc. etc. There was simply no free time at all to draw new comics and I learnt:

Despite me posting several times on FB and Instagram to ask people to buy, nothing beats a good story about how difficult it is to make them. 

After posting this article: "Why Matcha cat cushions were so difficult to make", sales soared and I sold around 150 cats compared to only 30 or so initially...

Other things I also learnt selling online:
  1. Don't use bank transfer if a flood of orders come in because people don't put their initials when they make payment. Therefore it is difficult to cross-reference which payment is paid by who. Also specify limited quantity items must be ordered via paypal because some people just transfer the money without checking whether the item is in stock first...
  2. There are still many people who are new to paypal and do not know that I will automatically receive order confirmation email... (online shopping works like this...) . My paypal address is different from contact email so I received tons of forwarded paypal confirmation emails from worried buyers who mistook my instructions for bank transfer customers... This caused a lag in response too...
  3. There were some customers who thought I can magically read every single comment on FB, Instagram and Blog to change their order information.... (such as address change or change of items)... ... ... ....Sorry my brain froze at the thought of so many posts I made and so many comments from people afterwards and I had to magically scan through everything to cross-reference to the already flooded mailboxes...
  4. I also received many queries if they can self collect at my home to save on postage...
    Many people message or call me before and after the meet up time. Some of them want to make sure I will be at home, some do not know the place well and need to ask for directions and some simply wants to chit chat or make sure I am there when they come. Multiply this by 20-30 a day and my tiny brain will explode into a million pieces of popcorn. Therefore to prevent this from happening, it is best buyers pay postage so I can mail when I am free or just go to Simplifi3D shop to pick up (Once again, many people thought I will be there... I have to stress that it is on consignment basis... I...am... not....there.....)
  5. There are still people who do not know that "Eva The Explorer" is the same book as "Eva, Kopi and Matcha" despite me mentioning several times on FB and I also wrote on my website... So after reminding them that it was the same book but in different language, I had to cancel order and update setting... which also used up my time.
I also learned...

"I am your fan" ≠ "I will buy your book to support you" and
"I am your fan" ≠ "I will buy your cat even without discount"

When I told them the only way to self-collect and enjoy the discount was to bring my book or buy my book at Simplifi3D, they just told me they don't have my book or don't want to buy my book... which made me kind of...

But frankly speaking, I am very happy I sold around 200 cats now and made many fans delighted. But at the same time I am now very scared of seeing my own cat cushions because I had to deal with so many of them everyday. I even freaked out immediately when I came back from my one-week family trip into my room filled with cats and packages waiting to be mailed out...

Nevertheless, I have to perserve to earn some money for my trip to Japan next month to work on my second book and blog with JapanTravel. So hey if you have some spare cash, please consider supporting! http://www.eva.sg/EN/shop.html (there are still around 300 cats waiting for adoption!)
*The website has all information about the price and location, so please don't ask me again how much or where to buy...

THANK YOU!

Comments

  1. Dear Ms. Eva, i am your fan and i am proud to say that i already bought your Indonesian book! I will definitely buy the next book if you release them again in Indonesia. I also wanted to buy a cat cuz it looks really cute, but i dont have any paypal. I live in Batam, so if i have time to go to Singapore again i will go to Simplifi3d to buy the cat. I promise to never complain on the price, i support you and your struggle. Good luck for everything Ms. Eva! Cheer up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your support Farah!!! I like Batam and will go there again maybe end of the year or sometime next year ;)))

      Delete
  2. Hey, sorry to cause you any problems with wanting to upgrade my order. I'm okay with it not being possible. I can only imagine the administrative nightmare. I was waiting for your book then decided to get the cat first when your stock for the book came in! Oh well.... maybe I'll get it with another cat cushion hmm... maybe. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sorry I cannot do anything cos I only check blog comments once per two days and I was away on family trip when you left the message...

      Delete
  3. Yes blogging is important even for promoting events company in singapore. Need to write details about what kind of services you do, etc. and hopefully people will call =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Where to buy COPIC markers in Tokyo

Boiled coke and ginger lemon for cough