Ikeda Spa Review (Japanese hot spring bath experience in Singapore)

ikeda spa evacomics
You must be thinking it's crazy to have a hot spring bath in our hot sunny Singapore but I can assure you, it was VERY GOOD and can improve your blood circulation! Thank you Ikeda Spa for inviting me to experience Japanese hot bath again!

ikeda spa evacomics
I visited their branch at Clarke Quay Central, #05-22. The first thing I noticed was their wood finishing to simulate the experience of being in a traditional bathhouse in Japan. Even their decoration and paintings aim to let you forget that you're in Singapore! Except when you do your Facebook or Instagram...

ikeda spa evacomics
The branch at Clarke Quay has a communal bath that is not available at their Bukit Timah branch. 

There is only one so their Communal Bath Schedule is:
Women : Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun (afternoon) Tue, Thu, Sat (evening)
Men: Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun (evening) Tue, Thu, Sat (afternoon)

*Do note their opening hours are rather late! 1-10pm for Clarke Quay and 1.30-10.30pm for Bukit Timah branch.

ikeda spa evacomics
They provide cute Yukata at the branch in Clarke Quay but not at Bukit Timah, so if you want to try one of these you got to choose the CQ branch.

ikeda spa evacomics
This is their locker and changing room before you enter their communal bath.  The lockers are built exactly the way it is like in Japan! You basically take off your yukata here and put them inside the lockers. Bring your locker key with you (assuming you locked your precious smartphone inside) and a small towel to cover you modestly as you enter into the bath. It is optional to wear the underwear they provided but people in Japan usually just dip in completely naked.

Because there was another lady inside so I COULDN'T TAKE PHOTOS! Sorry! But here's the comic on what you should do:

ikeda spa evacomics
After my nice hot bath and massage, I was given green tea and a nice biscuit to munch on while I fill up their feedback form. No hard selling for a package!

ikeda spa evacomics
I must say... even the toilet's bidet is from Japan!!! ( ̄▽ ̄;;)

ikeda spa evacomics
I am a fan of lymphatic massage because it helps to detox the body so a similar one for Ikeda Spa is it's signature "Ganbanyoku Detox Massage", which is only available at their Bukit Timah branch.

ikeda spa evacomics
It's actually massage on hot volcanic stone bed but the more amazing thing is that it can also help to burn up to 1,500 calories because of the sweat!? Ok, I'm sold   (@ ̄v ̄@) 

ikeda spa evacomics
You can choose the kind of hot spring you want to experience when you choose private baths (only at Bukit Timah) or couple baths. The bath salt contains the same minerals found on those specific hot spring!

ikeda spa hot spring bath singapore
Each salt has a different function so the therapist will advise you on which to take based on your current problems.

ikeda spa hot spring bath singapore review
..and YES! My own bath! But it was a bit boring to dip inside myself for 30mins... I think a couple bath with another friend or a communal bath at Clarke Quay was more enjoyable. But nevertheless a hot dip will stimulate blood circulation and very good for people like me who has cold limbs and sit in front of the desk all day.

ikeda spa evacomics review
...and viola! This is their rooftop couple bath! So sweet eh~
(but if you are still single can invite another girl friend along instead)

ikeda spa evacomics review
This is the shower area for couples.

ikeda spa evacomics review
Massage room for couples!

Conclusion
I was very impressed by their white ion hot spring communal bath at Clarke Quay because I felt as if I was transported back to Japan and my skin became smoother after the dip. Moreover, hot baths help to stimulate blood circulation and relax your muscles. Their signature massage "Ganbanyoku Detox Massage" was also very relaxing and relieved my gastric problem that day.  However this is only available at Bukit Timah branch so I hope that they can bring this to Clarke Quay too so it will be more convenient for me to go down ( ̄▽ ̄;;;)


Click on the above banner link to see what Ikeda Spa had specially prepared for my fans! This includes 16~24% off my selected treatments and couple deals! So do give this a try, you will feel like you're in Japan! :P

Alternatively you can also call in to book other treatments at 15% discount with the following terms and conditions:
  • Prices do not include 7% GST charge
  • Valid only for first time customers of Ikeda Spa
  • Valid only for local residents. Proof of residency is required
  • Non-refundable and non-exchangeable for cash once purchased
  • Reservations are required and subject to availability. Please quote "Evacomics" when making your booking via phone
  • Credit card information must be provided in order to secure booking
  • A 24-hour cancellation notice is required, otherwise full charges apply
  • Communal Bath Schedule as follows :-
    Women : Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun (1pm to 5pm) Tue, Thu, Sat (5.30pm to 10pm)
    Men: Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun (5.30pm to 10pm) Tue, Thu, Sat (1pm to 5pm)

Comments

  1. Hi Eva, great comments! But is there an error in the U.P for Eva's pick #4?
    Promotion price $388+ & Usual is $240?
    Hmmm... $240/pax maybe? (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah, one of my fans also highlighted this so Ikeda Spa knows about it already and they will fix it later :P

      Delete
  2. HELLO EVA!!! I've been so excited to try this since this post! Finally saved up enough to bring my girlfriend! But they don't have any couple packages anymore from your promo )):

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SORRY! I wasn't informed and I am now checking with them. Will reply you again when I get an answer!!!

      Delete
    2. It's been fixed! Please try again :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Eva,

    I am really interested to try this! Is the 20% discount for other treatments still available? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, remember to quote "Evacomics" when you call for booking :)
      Let me know if there's any problem!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the quick reply!! :) cant wait to try it out!

      Delete
  4. Hi Eva, can I confirm that 20% is off all treatments when I quote Evacomics? Because I realised that the couple package is not really that worthwhile (if I take an ala carte @ 20% discount, it's cheaper).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, are you the same person who left the comment yesterday and last month?
      It is best to give them a call at 6388 8080 because they may change promotion time to time at their blog without telling me. But those offer on their blog is still valid.

      Delete
    2. Yes I am! Thanks Eva, I called Ikada and the main thing was that I wanted to try the detox massage and they allowed me to change the couple package's massage. So all good, I'm booked for the Evacomics package. Thanks soooo much!

      Delete
    3. That's great! I went there yesterday night (if you saw my FB and Instagram post) and asked them about the 20% off ala carte menu too.Hot bath is awesome ( ̄▽ ̄)

      Delete
  5. Evasan... how much for the sento? 400Yen is about 4SGD. Like very 高いです...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean in Japan? It includes the towels too if I'm not wrong and other amenities like body soap, shampoo, etc. But it depends on which one you went to.

      Delete
  6. Very bad, never update the CQ had seize operation since Feb2020, and the couple private onsen cost 160 for just merely 60 min sock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a blog post dated in 2014. Always do your homework to check the latest updates.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Where to buy COPIC markers in Tokyo

Boiled coke and ginger lemon for cough