My current key word: Frugality 節儉是美德

(Cont. Rental Nightmare in Tokyo) After my battle with the evil property agent and management company, my dormitory staff recommended me to extend my stay here and then look for apartments/mansions slowly. This is much better than paying a huge sum upfront (4 months rent) for an apartment that I didn't get to see and with the fishy management company not returning any deposit. So instead of sayonara to 270,000yen (SG$4,2000) for a place I didn't get to view, it is better to spend a bit more, but to a place that I could actually see first.

I accepted her kind offer and turned down my contract with the fishy property management company. This whole experience had made me realize one thing: that I hadn't been frugal enough. I'd been spending money too mindlessly and not saving enough for rainy days. More importantly, I'd underestimated the cost of renting a Tokyo mansion (concrete-built apartment in Japanese term) near my university within the great ring of fire (Yamanote line). On top of that, there's new/used furniture cost, electrical appliances and moving fees.

Although I have to continue my endurance with the dorm's filthy public toilets, dirty washrooms and moldy shower-rooms, I'm relieved that the rent here is cheap, the staff are nice, and I could slowly save up (3-5months) more money to prepare for the next battle.

(續:東京的恐怖房租經驗)我和黑暗房地產經紀和管理公司搏鬥後,宿舍的OL小姐建議我還是延長宿舍慢慢找房子,這樣才會比較安心。這比沒看到房子,就先付一筆4個月房租+不退押金的可疑房地產管理公司來得好。與其交了270,000給一間沒看過的房子,還倒不如花多一點$在可以看到的房子。

我接受了她的好意,拒絕可疑房地產公司的合約。這經驗給我了一個重要的啓示:就是我不夠節儉。平時太會亂花錢沒好好地存錢。更重要的是,我低估了在東京租一間小studio的費用!加上傢俱,電器還有搬家費就夠嚇人了。

雖然我還得繼續忍耐這宿舍的髒廁所髒洗手間,和發霉的浴室,但是慶幸的是這裡的事務所友善,房租也很便宜,可以慢慢地繼續再存錢(3-5個月)準備下次的大戰。

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Where to buy COPIC markers in Tokyo

Boiled coke and ginger lemon for cough