Japanese B4 and Singapore B4 size printing

I went to print my comics exported from Manga Studio today and to my surprise, the printer said that I got my B4 size wrong! So you can imagine how astonished I was because the size was generated by the software. I believe that he must be thinking what a Dumb Cow I was to get the size wrong.

I was apologetic that he had to resize and make everything monochromatic. I was stuck there for nearly 4 hours because my file size was huge as well. I also agreed to use their thin 90gsm paper. 38 pieces @$1.50, around $60 after GST. A stack of prints which I was very unsatisfied.

So I went home puzzled and determined to find out why I got the paper size wrong and to my dismay, oh Japan.... why must you have your own B4(JIS) standard!? The B4 ISO standard is 250mm x 353mm but B4(JIS) is 257mm x 364mm. No wonder I have been getting weird results for B4 prints these years!

I hope to quickly reprint the whole stack tomorrow at another printer shop, write the scripts and send 'em off for the International Manga Competition asap and do other things like decorate this blog...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to buy COPIC markers in Tokyo

Boiled coke and ginger lemon for cough